The Lincolnshire Automobile Club was formed on the 4th January 1901 by a group of early motoring enthusiasts at a meeting held at the Saracen’s Head Hotel, Lincoln with the club now recognized as the oldest motor club in Britain.
Formed on 4th February 1901 C. W. Pennell, the Mayor of Lincoln, was elected Chairman and G. Williamson was secretary.
1901 February 16th. Celebratory dinner held. At the end of the year there were 53 members.