Sir John Thorold was a motorsports enthusiast and held a hill climb in 1906 at Syston Park,
The race was Organised by Sir Hickman Bacon, founder member of the Lincolnshire Automobile Club.
In 1926 a circuit was created from the estate road and motorcycle races were held there until the 1930s. At first, these were unaffiliated but soon Syston Park became a Grand Prix venue attracting crowds of up to 30,000 and legends such as Stanley Woods, C. J. Williams and Tommy Cann.
In the early 1920s the estate manager Guy Nussey and Horace Bellamy, president of Grantham Motorcycle and Light Car Club, set out a 1 3/4 mile circuit using part of the existing estate road.
Syston Park Hall and the estate had been hit hard by the Depression and with the Hall falling into disrepair the creation of the race track provided a welcome source of income from the parkland.
In 1926 the first post-war motorcycle event was held and by the early 1930s Syston Park as a Grand prix circuit attracting serious riders preparing for the Isle Of Man TT series, drawing crowds Of up to 30,000 to each race day.
Raymond Mays returned in 1934 to test his new voiturette class racing car ERA R1A and the following year, 1935 Oxford and Cambridge held the Inter-‘Varsities at Syston.
Syston Park in its heyday was a contemporary of Brooklands and Donington park, but post-war no further racing is recorded.
Racing ceased in 1939 and half the length of the circuit was absorbed over time back into the woodland, although the original path can still be traced.